Google

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Forever Stamp

Ann: I can’t believe stamps went up again today.

Pam: I know. It happened so fast. We barely got any warning this time.

Ann: I almost forgot all about it and I had to run to the post office yesterday. I was with my mom and we were reminiscing about the good old days when stamps were a nickel.

Pam: Sorry, I was too young to be concerned about postage back then.

Ann: My cousin was in college and had a girlfriend who wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. There was a postage rate increase back then and she told my cousin they should go buy lots of stamps before the price went up.

Pam: Are you sure she’s not the Postmaster General? Sounds like the “Forever” stamp.

Ann: Yeah, who knew she was so progressive. We all just thought she was a ditz.

Pam: Well, if postage keeps increasing at the rate gas is, the “Forever” stamp might not be a bad investment.

Ann: It’s almost like the post office is venturing into the insurance business. How kind of them to want to save us from future spending.

Pam: Next thing you know, the IRS will want us to pay income tax on the money we saved by buying ahead.

Ann: Don’t give them any ideas.

No comments:

Tell A Friend Script provided free of charge by ITistic Inc..