Google

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where Were You When...

Ann: I can’t believe my boss is dating a man more than half her age! Talk about a boy toy.

Pam: She’s rich. She can afford him. But you’re one to talk, Mrs. Robinson!

Ann: What are you talking about? Joe’s older than I am.

Pam: I was referring to your dating past. Remember when you met that guy and hit it off. Then he asked you out? You said you could tell he was younger than you but you couldn’t decide quite how old he was. You had a date with him one night and you were asking me how you could find out his age without coming right out and asking him. Remember?

Ann: Vaguely…

Pam: I told you that sometimes people ask, ‘Where were you when Kennedy was shot?’ and that the answer gives you an idea of how old someone is. You know like, ‘I was in second grade’ tells you they were born around 1956 and ‘I was in my dorm room’ tells you they were born somewhere around 1942 or so. But you said you didn’t think he was even born when Kennedy was shot. So I said…


Ann: Oh yeah! You said to ask him, ‘Where were you when Reagan was shot?’ instead. Now I remember.

Pam: Yeah, we were reminiscing where we were when we heard that Reagan was shot and I told you I was in high school English class. I remember the nuns had us all say a prayer for the president, for the skill of the doctors treating him, and for our country.

Ann: And I was in grad school. It was a good suggestion. Then you started kidding me that he’d probably say he was in middle school!

Pam: As long as I live I’ll never forget when I answered the phone the next day and heard no greeting at all, just the distinct sound of tears of laughter. I heard just five words choked out…“He was in freaking Kindergarten!”

Ann: You have to remember everything, don’t you?

Pam: Hey, it’s how I know we’ll always be friends. I’ve got too much on you. I remember it took me a few seconds to gather my thoughts, figure out it was you on the phone, and realize what you were saying. It meant you were at least twenty years older than him! I ‘bout died laughing.

Ann: Hey, at least I didn’t go out with him again.

Pam: You would’ve. But unlike your boss, you just couldn’t afford him!

No comments:

Tell A Friend Script provided free of charge by ITistic Inc..