Google

Friday, June 8, 2007

15 Minutes Of Hot

Pam: Well, for about fifteen minutes today I thought I was hot stuff!

Ann: Really? So somebody saved me the trouble and set you straight, huh? What happened?

Pam: Bret and I went to meet Kate for lunch. Since it was near a bunch of office buildings, we figured it’d be pretty crowded. Bret dropped me off at the door so I could get our name on the list for a table while he waited in the parking lot to walk Kate in when she arrived in her own car.

Sure enough, when I went inside there was a huge crowd surrounding the hostess station. I was patiently waiting to get to the front when a man approached me and introduced himself and asked my name. I was polite but didn’t encourage further conversation when he asked if I worked nearby. He finally wandered off but I have to admit I was a little flattered.

Ann: Was he hitting on you?

Pam: Absolutely. It’s been so long since that’s happened I practically forgot what it feels like. But he was definitely flirting. Then not two minutes later it happened again! A tall man wandered over to me and introduced himself and told me how beautiful my hair was. Again, I was polite but did nothing to make him hopeful. I kept looking around wondering who he was there with and why he was talking to me instead of them.

Ann: Maybe he was alone.

Pam: I couldn’t tell. But I finally moved to the other side of the big reception area to get away from him. I thought to myself, ‘Wait till Bret hears I was hit on twice in the short time he was in the parking lot waiting for Kate!’ I was secretly looking forward to bragging by telling him how annoying it was.

Ann: Yeah, it’s really annoying when men come up and compliment you!

Pam: Yeah, it’s such a problem! Then against all odds, it happened A THIRD TIME! A man walks up and hits on me.

Ann: Did you forget to put on your wedding ring or just buy a new push up bra or what?

Pam: I couldn’t figure it out. I actually thought it might be my new perfume. But no matter the reason, I was feeling like one hot mama. Then it happened. The fantasy bubble was burst.

Ann: Had someone put a “Flirt With Me” sign on your back?

Pam: I had just begun to think, ‘Wow, I’ve still got it!’ when the hostess grabbed the microphone and made an announcement, “The back room is now open for everyone here with Match.com. Please proceed to the back.”

Ann: It was a gathering of people from that internet dating service?

Pam: Yep. There I was thinking I was the hottest ticket in town and it turns out they all thought I was there “shopping” for a man! Link to Match.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ladies are too funny! I still think Pam should be glad. She was probably way cuter than the women there with the dating service!

Tell A Friend Script provided free of charge by ITistic Inc..