Google

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Road Signs Of Life

Pam: Ever notice how a lot of traffic signs are actually pretty descriptive of life’s milestones? For example, “CURVES AHEAD” would be puberty, “END SCHOOL ZONE” would be graduation, and “MERGE” describes marriage.

Ann: I get it. I guess “STOP” would be death, huh?

Pam: No, death would be “DEAD END”.

Ann: Sorry, but I think "DEAD END" would better describe my last job and my boss would be “DIP”.

Pam: You’re awful! But seriously, I keep noticing how as I’m driving, traffic signs seem to be offering me specific advice on what I was just thinking about. It’s better than a magic eight ball.

Ann: Like what?

Pam: Okay, yesterday I was driving along thinking about Margie who, as you know, is having serious marital issues. She keeps pleading for me to get information from others and speak to her husband for her. So I was sitting in traffic wondering whether I should “help” her or run for the hills.

Ann: You know that’s going to get really ugly.

Pam: I know. But a sign told me the same thing before you did. Just as I was debating what to do, I looked up to see a huge traffic sign that read, “DO NOT STOP ON TRACKS”. I suddenly realized that’s excellent advice for life in general. Basically, don’t linger where there is sure to be danger. So I decided to “KEEP RIGHT” and stayed out of it.

Ann: Good move.

Pam: Speaking of moves, do you think the sign for a man considering an affair is “DETOUR”?

Ann: No I think “WRONG WAY” would be more like it! Hopefully his wife would “OBSERVE WARNING SIGNS” and stop it before it’s too late.

Pam: If not, then nine miles later they might see “CAUTION CHILDREN”!

Ann: He should have just obeyed the one that said, “DO NOT ENTER”!

No comments:

Tell A Friend Script provided free of charge by ITistic Inc..